Born in Budapest, Hungary, January 4 1978.
1996-2003: MSc in Mathematics, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest.
2003-2007: PhD in Mathematics and its Applications, Central European University, Budapest. Supervisor: Gyula O.H. Katona, title of thesis: Problems in extremal finite set theory, date of defense: January 2008.
March 2014 - present, Researcher at MTA-ELTE Geometric and Algebraic Combinatorics Research Group, Budapest, Hungary.
July 2014 - present, Scientific Secretary at the Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics in Budapest, Hungary.
March 2011 - February 2014, OTKA postdoctoral fellow at the Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics in Budapest, Hungary.
January 2010 - February 2011, Young researcher (postdoc) at the Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics in Budapest, Hungary.
September 2008 - December 2009, Researcher at the University of Memphis.
September 2007 - August 2008, Pre-doc fellowship at Eötvös University, Budapest.
2012-13, 2013-14: Lecturer - Statistics and Calculus (in English), McDaniel College, Budapest.
2007-08, 2013-14: Lecturer - Discrete mathematics, Eötvös University, Budapest.
2007-08, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13: Instructor - Discrete mathematics, Eötvös University, Budapest.
2007-08: Instructor and lecturer - Mathematics and its application / Math and modeling (in English), Business School of Central European University, Budapest.
2001-02 (Fall), 2002-03 (Fall): Instructor - Calculus, introductory real analysis, Eötvös University, Budapest.
March - May 2012: Zhejiang Normal University.
Scientific Awards, Fellowships, Grants
2014 September - present, János Bolyai Fellowship of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
2011 September - 2013 August, János Bolyai Fellowship of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
2011 March - present, OTKA (Hungarian National Scientific Fund) Postdoctral Grant.
2011, Youth Award of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
2006 September - November, Marie-Curie Fellowship (Phenomena in High Dimensions) Tel Aviv University, Israel.
2005 October - 2006 January, Marie-Curie Fellowship (COMBSTRU), Bielefeld Univesity, Germany.
2005, CEU Award for Advanced Doctoral Students.
Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews and referee for several international scientific journals.
Secretary of the Scientific Department of the János Bolyai Mathematical Society.
Founder and organizer of Emléktábla Workshop Series (6 workshops).
July 7-11, 2014, secretary of the Organizing Committee of Sum(m)it240, Budapest.
January 3-4, 2014, member of the Organizing Committee of Miki Simonovits is 70, Budapest.
July 1-5, 2013, member of local Organizing Committee of Erdos Centennial, Budapest.
September 3-4, 2011, secretary of Organizing Committee of Katona70, Budapest.
August 29- September 2, 2011, co-secretary in Organizing Committee of EuroComb'11, Budapest.
- Extremal Finite Set Theory, Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2018, 336 pages
- The variety of domination games, Aequationes Mathematicae, 93(6) 2019, 1085-1109
- Stability results on vertex Turán problems in Kneser graphs, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 26 (2) 2019, P2.13
- Domination game on uniform hypergraphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics, Volume 258, 15 April 2019, Pages 65-75
- An improvement on the maximum number of k-Dominating Independent Sets, Journal of Graph Theory, 91 (1) 88-97
- Forbidden subposet problems for traces of set families, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 25(3) P3.49
- Line Percolation in Finite Projective Planes, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 32(2), pp.864-881.
- On the number of cycles in a graph with restricted cycle lengths, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 2018, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 266-279
- Grundy dominating sequences and zero forcing sets, Discrete Optimization 26: pp. 66-77. (2017)
- The minimum number of vertices in uniform, hypergraphs with given domination number,
- Finding a non-minority ball with majority answers, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 219 (2017), 18-31
- Dominating sequences in grid-like and toroidal graphs, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 23 (4) 2016, P4.34
- Supersaturation and stability for forbidden subposet problems, Journal of Combinatorial Theory A, 136, 2015, 220-237.
- Identifying codes and searching with balls in graphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 193, 2015, 39-47
- Search Problems in Vector Spaces, Designs, Codes and Criptography, 76 (2) 2015, 207-216
- On the number of maximal intersecting k-uniform families and further applications of Tuza's set pair method, ,Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 2015, P1.83
- Avoider-Enforcer star games, DMTCS, DMTCS,
- Induced and non-induced forbidden subposet problems, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 2015, P1.30
- Nonrepetitive colorings of lexicographic product of paths and other graphs, DMTCS, 2014, 16(2), 97-110
- Game saturation of intersecting families, Cent. Eur. J. Math., 2014, 12(9), 1382-1389
- Saturating Sperner families, Graphs and Combinatorics, 29 (2013), 1355-1364.
- Almost Cross-Intersecting and Almost Cross-Sperner Pairs of Families of Sets, Graphs and Combinatorics, 29 (2013), 489-498.
- Towards a de Bruijn-Erdos theorem in the L_1-metric, Discrete and Computational Geometry, 49 (2013), 659-670.
- On majority and plurality problems, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 161 (2013), 813-818.
- Families that remain k-Sperner even after omitting an element of their ground set, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 20 (2013), P32
- On the ratio of maximum and minimum degree in maximal intersecting families, Discrete Mathematics, 313 (2013), 207-211.
- Almost intersecting families, SIDMA, 26 (2012), 1657-1669.
- A note on traces of set families, Moscow Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory, 2 (2012), 47-55.
- Cross-Sperner families, Studia Sci. Math. Hungarica, 49 (2012), 44-51.
- Two-part set systems, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 19 (2012), P52
- Large $B_d$-free and union-free subfamilies, SIAM J. on Discrete Mathematics 26 (2012) 71-76
- Random partial orders defined by angular domains, Order, 28 (2011) 341--355
- On randomly generated non-trivially intersecting hypergraphs, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics (17) (2010), R26
- Shadows and Intersections in Vector Spaces, J. of Combinatorial Theory, Ser. A 117 (2010) 1095--1106
- Hilton-Milner theorem for vector spaces, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 17 (2010), R71
- Polychromatic Colorings of Arbitrary Rectangular Partitions, Discrete Mathematics 310 (2010), 21--30.
- Selecting the largest and the smallest elements with a lie, Discrete Applied Mathematics 158, (2010), 988-995.
- Traces of uniform set families, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 16 (2009) N8
- Inclusionwise minimal completely separating systems, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 3 (2009) 459--466.
- $l$-trace $k$-Spener families, J. of Combinatorial Theory, Ser. A, 116 (2009) 1047--1055.
- Equitable coloring of random graphs, Random Structures and Algorithms 35 (2009) 83-99.
- Profile vectors in the lattice of subspaces, Discrete Mathematics, 309 (2009) 2861-2869.
- The distance of F-free families, Studia Sci. Math. Hungarica 46 (2009) 2, 275-286.
- l-chain profile vectors, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 22 (2008) 1, 185-193.
- How different can two intersecting families be, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 12 (2005) R24
- Generalized forbidden subposet problems, accepted to Order
- Forbidding rank-preserving copies of a poset, accepted to Order
- On Grundy total domination number in product graphs, accepted to Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory
- On the number of containments in P-free families, accepted to Graphs and Combinatorics
- On colorings of the Boolean lattice avoiding a rainbow copy of a poset, accepted to Discrete Applied Mathematics
- t-wise Berge and t-heavy hypergraphs, submitted
- Distribution of colors in Gallai colorings, submitted
- On general position sets in Cartesian grids, submitted
- On L-close Sperner systems, submitted
- Singular Turán numbers and WORM-colorings, submitted